2.04.2005

you were always on my mind...

if i made you feel second best...
i'm so sorry i was blind...
but you were always on my mind...
you were always on my mind...

For a number of reasons, when Fantasia gets to that particular part of the song, it always touches me in a place in my heart that i like to believe has healed - the part that i can turn my back on and pretend never existed.

When in reality, the pain of many heartbreaks can sometimes still feel like a raw open wound. I've been made to feel like second best and it's not a good feeling. Trust me. So, rarely, do I glimpse into that seldom visited corner of my mind.

Instead, I focus on the positive and the things that I loved about myself even when others didn't love me, when their blindness caused me pain, when I was so NOT always on their mind.

Now, I didn't write any of this to bring anyone down make you feel sorry for me because my joy is never far removed from me.

My light can never be hidden.

For although, my candle may flicker in the winds of pain, uncertainty and heartbreak.

Still...my little light shines.

1 comment:

ManNMotion said...

I feel ya