1.17.2006

a good man...

i might not know a good man when i see one, but i know a good man when one is loving me...

i might not know a good man when we pass on the street, but i know a good man when he holds me in high regard, respects me in the way a gentleman should and shows me a character of honesty, integrity and loyalty…

i know when a good man is walking the talk…

i know when a good man shows me better than he tells me…

i know when a good man holds my hand and leads on the path to joy and laughter…

i know when a good man is stuck to me like glue when times are bad and good…

i know how to recognize the support of a good man when he has my back…when the world is
beating me down and he holds me close and whispers in my ear, “don’t worry, baby - i got you.”

i know when a good man stands beside me and together we present a unified front…

i know when a good man loves me like i want to be loved…like i am the most important thing in his universe and like without me, he is not whole…

i know a good man because a good man is all good…

3 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

That's a cool piece.

Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said...

Love the poem. I write myself. I saw you checked out my spot so I am returing the love. I'll b back :) ~1~

Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said...

Love the poem. I write myself. Thanks for the love on my blog. I'll be back :) ~1~