9.21.2005

wading in shallow water...

I haven't been writing lately because I have been making an effort to determine why i blog.

Initially, I set this spot up because my girl, Mia, who blogs at the AJC was going out of town for a week sometime last year. Hence the name, OneWeekOnly. However, I decided to keep it up and obviously, it's gone on longer than a week.

I know that sometimes I write because I want the spotlight. I want SEVERAL people to regularly visit my blog and leave witty comments and engage in thought provoking dialogue and just be Blog Star.

Sometimes, I write to make a point. And that much is obvious.

Sometimes, I write for entertainment purposes only. Not sure how entertaining I actually am. But at least I think I am and that's good enough for me.

I visit other's blogs frequently and I am often impressed with the ingenious ways in which people express themselves and explore the deepest parts of their being.

I've looked back at some of my scribblings and I guess some of what I've written could pass as being deeply introspective. But most of what I write does not. And I had begun to question the depth, or lack thereof, of my subject material. And I had also begun to question my talent. And I can't NOT mention the questioning of my motivation.

Introspection is not my favorite activity. Most of what is going on in my psyche, I just let ride until I am forced to deal with it. It just takes too much work and I am too lazy. As such, many of my questions remain unanswered.

I am content with wading in the shallow water.

2 comments:

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

>I am content with wading in the shallow water.

No human experience is shallow. You're doing your thing.

DasKrait said...

>I am content with wading in the shallow water

I think only the really small sharks can come into the shallow waters. The big ones require deeper water. LOL

You seen that crocodile pic being sent around, calling it a displaced Katrina alligator? Kinda like those cottonmouths that had been posted on the web before Katrina.

No connection between that last paragraph and your postings, btw.
none at all. LOL