9.02.2004

peace...be still

it seems as if i live a life of constant motion...always moving...always something to do...somewhere to be...somebody to follow up with...a bill to pay...a meeting to attend...laundry to do...yard to mow...and on and on and on...i often feel like i am so caught up in life...that i am not living...

i recently participated in a women's forum...one of the topics that came out of the discussion is that we are so busy trying to simply survive that we often cannot grow spiritually...not b/c we are not a spiritual people...but...b/c we don't have adequate time to focus on spiritual things...

u'v all seen the email that a busy life is the trick of the enemy...i am tired of living life on fast forward....while all the time...feeling like i am running in place...

i feel like i am busy going thru the motions...i want to get busy living...

what would i do if my day to day survival did not depend on me staying in bed until the last minute...jumping up to rush out into the rush hour and work someone else's J-O-B...that keeps me Just Over Broke?..how would i re-define success if all things financial were taken out of the equation?..

for the longest time...i used to say that i just wanted to be happy...now i know that what i truly seek is joy on a daily basis...happiness can be empty...it can be shallow...it can be fleeting...joy consumes u...i want live a life filled w/ joy...i want to find time in my life to just stand still...to just be...where i can connect w/ my inner self...hear from my creator...and exist at that place called there...

but right now...i gotta get dressed and take my ass to the office...

6 comments:

SexyCool said...

you can have that natural thing...drug me, baby!!!!

DasKrait said...

HI Emotion,
wanted to get back to you on your LA remark,
funny that YOU wanted to move there before you died.
I (underlined) wanted to move FROM there before I
died.chuckle chuckle chuckle...not that I plan on
that anytime SOON....

But a very nice, recommended movie, is
TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA.....especially memorable
is the gift the counterfiter (sp?) played by Willem
Dafoe, gives to his girlfriend at the end....

DasKrait said...

yeah, CSC, I would go for the drugging there...

DasKrait said...

ya know, C, this whole "Happy" thing, parents used
to ask me that, WTF is that? at the time, answer was "relative term, comes and goes, overall YES"
keep asking "are you REALLY", well, I might get a
little less so.....chuckle

Anonymous said...

Charm.. that was nice.. needed.. somebody else actually feels like me.

Anonymous said...

Very well said! It's good to know that some one else feels this way. But, we will get it right - we just have to keep the faith!