6.06.2006

what is love?

i've been coming into realization that i just don't fall in love like i used to...

i fall into like...i fall into lust...i fall into fondness...i fall into admiration...but i just haven't fallen in love...

so much so...that i have been trying to answer the question of what love means to ME...not society's definition...but my own...

because of that...i really believe that while i have been loved in my life...i have yet to really experience THAT love...

whatever THAT love happens to be...

and i've come to realize that i must be patient for it...because everything that sounds like love and looks like love and feels like love and smells like love...

is something else altogether...

and i am afraid that i may not recognize it at the encounter and that it just may pass me by....

2 comments:

DasKrait said...

yeah, you used to be able to say 'we will know it when we experience it' but it doesn't work out that way, does it. :(

Tazzee said...

I think you will know it when you encounter it. At least I hope I will.