6.23.2005

It's Midnight

It's midnight and I am missing him.

I awake, finding myself alone.

Wondering if i occupy that space in the middle of his mind.

I am remembering his kisses.

If I could define a perfect kiss, it would be his.

I am still feeling the connection.

I am longing for the touch of his hand.

Eager for the sound of his voice.

If I could paint a dream, it would be this reality.

If I could outline a fantasy, it would be this truth.

I close my eyes and think back to the place where today danced with yesterday.

I inhale the scent of tomorrow's lovemaking. It smells like sunshine.

God kissed me this morning and held my hand the whole day through.

He brought me to this place painted with thoughts of him.

He is the lover of my soul. I am the lover of him.

It is midnight and I am missing him.

3 comments:

Star said...

i love that piece

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. I've never been able to get the hang of writing poetry...

Carrie said...

ouch. how did you get in my head to write what i've been experiencing the past 5 months? :( thanks girl.