6.15.2005

it's official...

we're a couple...

sJea's gotta man...just like chante...how 'bout that?

and now i'm sure you ask...where in DAHELL did sJea get a man from?

it's a long story...and i will have to come back when i have more time and give you guys some background...but for now...just know that my 'sweetie' and i made a decision that we are a couple...

we were on the phone last night and he asks me, "so, what are we?"

i respond to the question in my typical fashion, with a question, "well, what do you want us to be?"

he laughs and says, "no, you're not getting away with that one. i asked you first."

after a bit of hemming and hawing (where does that phrase come from?), i said to him, "all i know is that since i really started paying attention to who you are and the things you say to me and the way you explain your feelings for me, all i think about is you...i only want to talk to you...i only want to see you...i only want to be with you..."

he responded, "well, i feel the same way...talking to you, laughing with you, being close to you and just knowing you is like a fulfillment for me...and i just want to know how you see this thing going from here. should i take myself off the market? do we stop interacting with other people. what are we going to do? i think given the situation, we should make some decisions. are we a couple?"

at that point, i told him, "i don't want us seeing other people. i don't want you 'on the market'. so, yes...we are a couple."

and we both agreed that it felt good to be a couple...

because it was after midnight...we got off the phone shortly after that...a few minutes later...i got a text message...it was from him...

it said, "i miss you fruitcake"...maybe he ALREADY knows me a bit too well...

but it does feel good...

1 comment:

Tazzee said...

well if he already knows the 'fruitcake' part of you and still wants to be a couple then he's alright with me :)

Seriously, I'm praying for you and I am starting the countdown from June 15...