7.27.2005

Flat Abs...PHAT @$$...Flat Abs....PHAT @$$...

That's my chant for when i'm working out, during my morning walk, while taking my step classes and when I'm doing crunches.

It helps me keep a mental picture of what I am working to achieve.

Flat abs...PHAT @$$!!!
(And of course I mean Pretty, Hot And Tempting!)

Drums, please...(Okay, that SO does not fit here and is actually kind of whack and when I typed it, I could immediately hear Will Smith at the start of Summertime, but I was feeling it, so...)

However, I digress.

My alarm is set for 615am. Most mornings, I fervently wish for a nice little .38 caliber pistol to exact quick punishment on the little black bose stereo at the side of my bed that dares to disturb my peaceful, wonderful beauty rest. As the fog of sleep clears from my mind and I become cognizant of the fact that I'm supposed to be hopping out of the bed eager to get out in the sticky, humid heat of the morning to trek two and a half miles in the attempt to 'get fineR', I sigh deeply, yawn once, stretch slowly and roll back over.

Well, yesterday, a question ran across my mind that once I considered the answer, it pushed me out of bed into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. The answer forced me into my sports bra, loose fitting white tee (ain't nothing you can't do in a white tee), spandex shorts, pompom socks and nike tennis shoes. It sent me into the kitchen for that first morning glass of water. It caused me to pick up my headset, clip on my cell phone and pick up my protector (which on the outside looks like a simple 3' walking stick stick but actually the handle pulls out to reveal a 12" shank that I not only know how to use, but will not hesitate to do so should someone intend to do me harm - what can I say? I don't like violence, but I AM walking around in the West End of Atlanta at 630am) . It propels me out the door, down the stairs, past that loud @$$ Sheba (Mr. Lomax's German Shepard who HATES me) and down the sidewalk where supposedly, I am delighted to be breathing in the half wet, hot, heavy morning air.

And what is the twenty pound question?

Well, I say to myself, "Self, what's more important to you? Another 60 minutes of sleep which will allow you to remain a fat ass with two tummies that crease when you sit down? or Getting your rear in gear and sticking with the 'get fineR' program that will get you to the flat abs and phat @$$ that you dream about?"

And of course the answer -

Flat abs...PHAT @$$! ! !

4 comments:

Icey said...

You can do it (said in my best Rob Schneider voice!)

Kim Plaintive said...

"Drums please!" You are so funny. "Summertime" is a regular on my workout MP3 mix.

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

Impressive.

sj-the-infamous said...

Work -- It -- Out -- Chica!! I'm in boot camp myself. It's rise and shine at 5:40am every other day so I can boot camp my ass around the Chattahoochee river. Love the mantra -- I may have to chant it to myself as I am running one day....talking to oneself makes the running go by quicker, not to mention you're breathing as you run, which trainers tend to think is tres important......

You CAN do it, girl!