7.28.2005

Terminated During Probationary Period

Official Notice

July 18, 2005

JLT
Atlanta, Georgia

Dear JLT:

This is to notify you that you are hereby being terminated for providing false information during the recruiting process. You were not truthful about your qualifications and misleading regarding your experience. Combined with your mistrust of your employer, excessive use of alcohol on the job and pyschotic tendencies, it is not with regret that we inform you that your services are no longer needed.

And that is the end of that... sJea no longer has a man...

It's like Tazzee says - A relationship ain't a relationship until you get past the 90 day probationary period. And like Chris Rock says - The relationship representative will show up at first.

And that's exactly what happened to me. I was hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray. I'm actually kind of pissed at myself. I'm old enough to know better.

He said he was a minister. Um, yeah...interesting that he quoted the most scripture when he was two sheets to the wind.

He said that he was trusting. Funny how our every phone conversation started with the Big 3 questions - Where are you? What are you doing? Who's with you?

He said that he admired a confident woman with her own opinions, own interests and a life outside of the relationship. Amazing how he constantly attempted to control how I responded to him by accusing me of constantly getting smart with him and using a flippant tone. So much so, that for about 2 seconds I was hesitating before I responded to him because I was considering how to say what I was going to say without pissing him off. And when I would give him an opinion that did not line up with his unfortunately narrowminded ideas, he would quickly cut me off in mid-sentence and dismiss what I'd said with no thought for my feelings. Sadly, he never wanted to hear about anything that was going on in my life because he was so busy telling me what was going on in his. (I mean, I know I'm a good listener, but day-um!) And anytime I left the house to live my life (any purpose not work related), he called and texted me consistently. (During one of my softball games, he sent me 24 texts within an hour.)

And I could go on...but just thinking about all that this relationship was supposed to be, but wasn't makes me tired. I was quite optimistic on the outset (hell, I'm the original eternal optimist). I wanted to fall in love with this man and have him be the last man I ever loved on this earth. However, even in my eternal optimism dwells realism and the real of it, life is too short to subject yourself to assholes.

So, what did I end up with?

Another notch on a belt that really has no room for any more notches.

10 comments:

KaNisa said...

welcome back to the single club! population: way too many to count...

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

"life is too short to subject yourself to assholes"

Hysterical. You observed, recorded and diagnosed--effectively stamping his forehead "Did NOT pass inspection". And without getting your heart (and brains) all aflutter in the process. Impressive.

Kim Plaintive said...

Damn.

Well, it wasn't a total loss -- made for a good blog post.

DasKrait said...

well, that is pretty screwed, but, yeah, best to say "F'em"

trying to keep it PG-13...LOL

LOL at Kim_Plaintive's "Always look on the bright side of life"
(Monthy Python theme song for one
of their movies)

DasKrait said...

and when I first started reading, thought you were posting a termination letter you had just RECEIEVED...LOL

Tazzee said...

To quote one of my favorite movies - 'time and pressure' always reveals the true person.

Its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, you don't want to punish all future relationships because of past experiences - but then again you have to keep your guard up until time and pressure reveals exactly who you're dealing with.

Well, I know you're not going to give up on love.

Serenity3-0 said...

I can't stand when someone feels so strongly about things that they can't even listen to your opinions and thoughts. Makes it seem as though they feel inferior. Good thing you got rid of the good Minister.

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I am sorry you had to endure his bullshit version of a relationship. I know how it sucks to be disappointed, but take the lessons and keep on doing you, that chump needs to get a grip!

Icey said...

Better you know now!! Sorry you had to endure but you are wiser because of it right?

Stay up homie!

lol (its always funny to me when I actually type slang because I don't really speak it well!)lol

2 Can Play That Game said...

hope you didn't give him none!