12.04.2005

114 tortuous and wasted minutes of my life...

hustle and flow...the story of an old a$$ broke pimp wanna be who dreams (everybody gotta have a dream) of becoming a rapper (i swear, every-damn-body wanna shuffle and grin for the masses)..who glorifies his bottom bitch (and not the white girl who is doing all the work, but a seemingly half retarded VERY pregnant chick who's single most meaningful moment in her life has been singing a lame-A$$ hook on a DEMO).

he runs into a upstanding employed young brother with a career, a wife and a home...he brings two hoes into this man's house and leaves them on the couch with his wife while the broke pimp is rapping in the kitchen to a $5 casio about slapping bitches...and after that lame a$$ performance...this good church going brother starts hanging out in at the pimp hotel jeopardizing his relationship and brings along opie?!?!?! gtfoh...get the f*ck outta here...

and i could go on...but i ain't getting paid and then i guess this is all make believe...

underlying themes...

er'body got a hustle...you gotta have a dream...going to jail will cause an increase in airplay (look at gucci mane)...and it's good to have a few good hoes in your corner...

one sentence review: very little hustle, horrible flow - nicca get a job...

5 comments:

Legal Diva said...

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!! It was possibly the worst movie i've ever seen and I not only wanted the time i lost from my life back but my money as well........Craig Brewer needs to be hog tied to the back of DJ's hoopty and drug through the hood w/the soundtrack playing.... urggg

Icey said...

I have not seen this movie....thank my lucky stars!!! The teen went to see it when it first came out and she and her friends said they were laughing through out the entire film because it was so comically stewpid!

Tazzee said...

gosh, I liked the movie...

saw it twice in one weekend.

princessdominique said...

WOW I thought it was suppose to be good, with Will Smith backing Terrence for an award. I guess you can't believe everything you hear.

sj-the-infamous said...

this is not something I have EVA wanted to see...thanks for the recap. I passed in the theaters, it DAMN sure won't be in my netflix queue!