12.27.2005

brother means purple...

not even two minutes ago...

this doofus that i know was having a conversation with someone else about p.t. cruisers...which happen to be the ugliest cars on the planet after yugos...they were discussing the worst points of the little car...and he was trying to pull me into the conversation...

i was doing an excellent job of just nodding and smiling and appearing politely interested in this dead end exchange...when he makes this comment:

"You know, I hate the damn things. Every time I go to New Orleans, I get stuck renting one. The last time I went I got stuck with one that was a Brother Car - It was purple."

Knowing full well, the black and white (insert racial, here) implications of the statement, i innocently turned around and looked him right in the eye and asked, "What's a Brother Car?"

His response, "You know - it was purple."

insert crickets, here...

As I knitted my eyebrows into a clueless expression...he was saved from sticking his foot farther down his throat by the other participant in the conversation...

"I didn't know brother meant purple."

neither did i...neither did i...

5 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u write well, visit me sometimes im in the atl also http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u write well visit me some times oh, im in the atl also http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com

sj-the-infamous said...

Funny enough, my moms LOVES that PT Cruiser. She keeps saying she's gonna get one as her "scoot around" ride....yea right LOLOL Let her find out its a "brother (and or sista) car...me thinks NOT LOLOLOL

Happy 2006!

Tazzee said...

Wait a minute - are you saying this idiot was white? If so, I don't think I could have held my tongue.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

wtf?!?!?...i was lost reading...brother car?...was he a Q or something.....confused...glad i'm not the only who thought that was crazy....good post