2.12.2009

Inner Beauty

If I could see you from the inside out, would your smiles be like standing with my face to the sun?

Or would the icicles around your heart leave me in danger of dodging falling daggers?

If I could see you from the inside out, would the music of your soul lull me into serenity's scene?

Or would the screams from the pain in your past cause my ears to bleed?

If I could see you from the inside out, would I find goodness and light and flowers and sunshine?

Or would I run from the carnage and the stench of you dying a heartbeat at a time?

If I could see you from the inside out, would we rave unto the joy fantastic?

Or timidly step around the landmines of your instability?

If I could see you from the inside out, would I find the support of a solid foundation?

Or would I slide around on the slippery slopes of your uncertainties and insecurities?

If only I could see you from the inside out.

No comments: