2.07.2009

Month Lost

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....What in da hell happened to the first month of the year?

Dammit - My year is already 1/12 of the way over and it really feels like it slid away into a mesh of nothingness.

Well, actually, that's not quite true.

1. I found FACEBOOK. I'm addicted. Enough said.

2. I took a leadership class at one of those Rockhurst University seminars. Those classes rock!!! For about two weeks, I was super motivated. Then, life took over again.

3. I met a really cool guy at the seminar. Two weeks later, I find out he snores like a buzzsaw. Needless to say, that shut down all dreams of having babies that looked like the best of the two of us. (I'm sure he's wondering why I don't call him anymore.)

4. I found my cousin that I hadn't talked to in almost 20 years on FaceBook. She came to visit that very weekend. I was going to feed her bacon and eggs, but the bacon that I had was a month old and the fry daddy grease that I dropped it in was even older. Needless to say, that was a no go. I ended up calling I.HOP for carryout.

5. Met David at I.HOP. He's a doctor. We're a couple already. Met him on the 17th. That was three weeks ago.

6. Work has been really crazy. For the first time in a LONG, LONG time, there is just a bit of trepidation about not getting it all done, not meeting all of the deadlines, not working to my usual standard of excellence, of falling flat on my fcuking face. (Not a good feeling.)

7. I worked out like a champion for the first five weeks of the year. This past week, I have done nothing.

8. My money is really funny right now. I've decided to join Frugalista's No Buy Month after tomorrow. (I have to buy some lotion and my slippers are about to fall apart.)

9. I bought groceries today for the first time in almost a month. The last couple of days I had to get really creative with my meals.

10. Writing my brother, who is in prison, is something that I do out of obligation and because I believe that he needs someone to support him. Getting his letters back is depressing as fuck. I almost want to write him and tell him that he does not have to write AT ALL.

That's the quick and dirty run down on the first 1/12th of my year.

You'll see me around more often. I promise.

1 comment:

DasKrait said...

"For about two weeks, I was super motivated. Then, life took over again"

Hilarious!

See ya in March. hehehehehe