8.01.2005

you'll NEVER guess where i am.....

blogging from Lee Tire Company...on GA HWY 85 in riverdale...

who'da thunk it?

sometimes...it's funny how things come full circle...sometimes...it's fucked up...

just yesterday morning...i was walking down ralph david abernathy...(and no, i was NOT on the ho stroll)...as i was crossing langhorn...i happened to look down at the road surface...what catches my attention, but nails...i mean LOTS of them...well...maybe six...strewn along the edge of the road...nearly at curbside...along with various other foreign objects debris (officially called FOD by the FAA) that look like it could do some major damage to people's shit...and i thought..."Damn...that's a lot of flat tires."...

now...i could have done the good samaritan type thing and picked the nails up...but i would have looked like a crack addict walking down the side of the street picking up all those damn nails at 730a on a sunday morning...somebody would have tried to collect on that $65 that grady gives for turning in crazy people...

now for the full circle of it...can somebody tell me why i found myself up under my effin truck properly positioning the jack because at some point yesterday afternoon (a mere 8 hours later), i picked up some FOD?

this was only my second time in life EVER changing a tire...the first being some months back when the DIVA's stang had two flat tires in my driveway...and my first time changing a tire on a truck...two tee-totally different experiences...

so...somehow...i end up on my two bellies on the pavement with the jack...all the while praying that i put the damn thing in the proper place so as to not really screw up something that would cost more money than i have to fix...if i had known how much work it was going to be...i would have called TP like he told me i should have done...but...since i'm a big old collard green and cornbread fed Kountry girl who is the calendar girl for miss effin independent (which is a whole nother post for a whole nother day)...i got out there and did it my damn self...

but enough about that...

left the office a bit early this afternoon...came around the corner to Lee's Tire Company and found nirvana for an internet junkie like me...free high speed internet while you wait...HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!

i could hardly contain my excitement...

my fingers are flying across the keyboard...trying to get all of this down...all the while...i'm shooting daggers at this redneck looking guy in the waiting area...cause he'd better not even THINK about needing to check his email...look up nascar standing or pull up any page that contains the phrase "GIT 'ER DONE"...

cause.i.ain't.givin'.up.the.'net...'

unless they gone call the police...

5 comments:

DasKrait said...

OMG - but here I was thinking you were seeing all those nails as you crossed the street, and then came back, got in your vehicle, and PLUM
forgot they were there, driving right over them.

wait, that's somthing I might do..LOL

YOu mean when you get a new(to you) vehicle that you are unfamiliar with, you don't 'change' a tire in your driveway, just to have the experience of it? Sure, it's a PITA, but it will speed up a real
change when you NEED to change it.

Am I the only one that 'retentive'?
no answers, please

Icey said...

Das, that is a good idea, changing tire at home before you really need to too! Must add that to the list of things for the teen to do when she 'gasps' gets her car here shortly.

Sjea, um girl you are too funny! "Git Er Done" Those blue collar dudes are hilarious..."Here's Yer Sign"!

SexyCool said...

das...it never would have crossed my mind to do a practice run of a tire change...

Kim Plaintive said...

You are too, too funny. I admire your do-it-yourselfer attitude -- I've never had a flat and wouldn't even know where to start with changing a tire. (As for changing the tire "just for practice" -- hell no!) I would probably call the boyfriend or AAA for help -- or else stand on the roadside trying to look cute a la Vivica Fox in "Two Can Play That Game." No, never mind, I've already had my fair share of run-ins with crazy dudes on the street. I would probably just drive the car over to the tire place on its flat tire. Is that bad?

DasKrait said...

LOL that actually from experience, being out there, needing to CHANGE a tire, and realizing that had I been PREPPED, it would have been ALOT less hassle.

another reason I carry a breaker bar since my muscles are NO WHERE near as strong as factory assembler or tire-guy, with the GUNGHO power tools...