8.15.2005

as we lay...

last night...it stormed in atlanta...again...and at 843p...the power went out...again...

i had just stepped away from the stove and gotten down on the floor where he was watching love jones and lay my head on his chest...listening to the rumbles of his deep voice vibrating from deep within...his hands were touching my hair...and i was smiling into his tshirt...

the power blinked...and then went completely off...i immediately made a move to get up and get flashlights and matches to light candles...but he stopped me...and held me still...

"what are you doing?"

"i'm gonna get us some light...."

"what's wrong with this? are you scared?"

having no response, i said nothing...but ceased my movements and relaxed back into our position...

for long moments...there was no conversation...

then he said, "come here..."

so i moved closer to fit into that groove under his arm...placing my head on his shoulder...and he pulled me close...placing little kisses along my cheek...i inhaled...his scent was like a match igniting a slow fire in a warm place...and his touch was a soothing melody strumming gentle notes across my skin...

the silence in the room, our relaxed breathing ...and the fading sounds of thunder leisurely rolling across the night sky provided a soundtrack...

exactly how long we lay this way...i could not tell...i eventually got up to get a flashlight and matches so that i could return to the kitchen and finishing preparing the meal that we ate by candlelight...

as i sit here this afternoon...thinking back to last night...i remember the feeling i felt as we lay...it was as if time stood still and if only for that moment...heaven visited the only two people in my world...and i exhaled...

6 comments:

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I always watch love jones when it rains, if I am at home, it's a tradition. It would be more fun with someone to cuddle with too.

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

Gorgeous!!! Midlife is fanning herself right now. What an utterly beautiful, hot moment.

Kim Plaintive said...

Damn, how do I cut the power over here?

Diva (in Demand) said...

Ohhh, that sounds so sweet! *Reminding myself to put Love Jones on next time he's over and it's raining....

Icey said...

Sjea!!! I love it. Love Jones is the hotness. Especially with a cuddle partner...you write so beautifully!

Star said...

I remember that feeling. *sigh*.

Enjoy it.