8.04.2005

ragg'ly brows...

yes...i said ragg'ly...

which is slightly effed up when it comes to my brows...

because face it...your brows frame your face...and beautifully arched brows can be one of your best beauty accessories...(have you seen those pictures of ashanti before her brows were arched? she looked like a she-wolf...)

sad to say...my brows are all effed up...(hold on while i go to the bathroom and confirm just how effed up they are...brb...)

yep...all effed up...

now...i can pick up my covergirl espresso brown eye pencil (which doubles as my lipliner - i'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup and reminds me - why do so many people use BLACK EYELINER to fill in their brows? they look straight crazy - but alas...another vent for another day) and draw in a perfect pair...however...as soon as i wash my face...i am left with these two funny shaped patches of hair that resemble...um, let me see...nothing...

they have been overplucked, overshaped and overdone...and they look a hot mess...

so...i know that what i need to do is let them grow back in and take my ass to the brow shop in the mall west end and have them arched properly...

but i swear that it's harder than growing out a bad hair cut...

so...right now...i am trying to be as committed to letting my brows grow as i have been to this morning walk thing (which i HATE - i spend nearly the entire hour walk thinking - this is some BULLshit...)

wonder how long it'll take?

3 comments:

Icey said...

lol...has the walking began to pay off? More energy? Toned body? Anything to keep you going?

The eyeborws? Have them waxed so that the pain is quick!

Kim Plaintive said...

Girl! I used to have NO eyebrows because I had a bad tweezing habit. I still need to wear my eyebrow pencil now, but I no longer look like a freak show when I wash it off. Here’s my trick: I only tweeze at night, before I wash my face. The pencil is still on there, so I can see exactly the shape that I want my eyebrows in, so I only pluck the hairs that are straying from the pencil shape. If you pluck with a clean face, you'll forget where the shape is and you'll start going nuts plucking everything.

sj-the-infamous said...

quit pluckin and tweezin...

let 'em grow and then try threading. a much cleaner, neater, longer lasting look...trust!