8.08.2005

so NOT the banger sisters...

for the majority of the summer...i have been a HUGE homebody...

lately...not the case...

friday night...i experienced some good, clean family fun...my dad, my mom and my sisters and i all went out to the NCO club on fort gillem...they all got drunk and i got sleepy...i drove us all home at 300a...

saturday midday...zee and i went to birmingham to the southern heritage festival...she has a friend that is the drummer for The O'Jays...we hung out at the hotel and had passes for backstage during the concerts...

the show started late and after we stayed for the next act...Frankie Beverly and Maze...it was damn near 300a again...so...we ended up going back to the hotel...getting a room...where i crashed immediately...

sunday morning, zee was talking about staying for that afternoon's concerts...she'd met someone with another band and wanted to go and hang out with him for a bit...

that was a big NO-GO for me...i'd had enough of groupie duty and being one of the girls with the band...

besides...i had my own someone that i wanted to see...and my someone was NOT in birmingham...

i think i got about 5 hours of real sleep all weekend...and today...i'm paying for it...i think it's a sign of getting older...i can no longer party for two days straight without my body shutting down on me for lack of sleep...

4 comments:

Icey said...

So glad you had a great weekend. Sounds way better than my doing yard work all weekend!

Kim Plaintive said...

I am too old for all that. One night out per weekend. Per month.

Serenity3-0 said...

How was Frankie Beverly and Maze?

DasKrait said...

partying? what on earth is that?

well, I guess, if I HAD gone to the Southern Heritage Festival, (for some reason always called "Heritage Festival" locally in B'ham), I would not have seen you, you being 'with the band' and all, laying back at the hotel ...LOL

Black co-worker talked about me going a few weeks ago, late last week I replied in the same way when he let me know what it was about.
(rubbing my arm, meaning it was a skin-color kind of event...LOL..)