8.12.2011

I Know Why I Got Fat

I was victim of a combination of things.  Around the same time I started working a more demanding job with longer hours, I started dating someone who was damn near BBOD's size.  (And sorry, buddy was chunky.  He looked okay with it.  But he could have lost a few pounds of stomach if nothing else.)

Prior to him, I was dating someone who was very physically active and who had outstanding eating habits.

After that, my activity level dropped to zero.  My eating habits went to sht.  And since buddy was so big and I'm so tall, the extra pounds that I was putting on were almost un-noticed.  In fact, buddy used to celebrate the fact that I was "spreading out."  Until one day, I was walking through the grocery store and I thought someone was following me.  Turns out, it was my own ass.

At first I made excuses, but then, I realized that I needed to make a change for the better.  That was 5 years ago.  I have been working out fairly regularly since then.  Every now and then, I get off my workout plan, but never for too long.

It's the eating plan that screws me up.  After growing up having sweets very infrequently and in a town where there were no fast food restaurants until I was a teenager, I now have a raging sugar addiction and fast food is way too convenient.  In my opinion, a fast food restaurant on every corner is just as detrimental to American culture as a liquor on every corner in the hood.

No comments: