12.17.2004

just add water...

It's not a secret. I'm not hiding the fact from ANYONE. I am quite upfront about it when I meet others. It's not something I'm desperate for. It's not something I'm on a day-in/day out search for. It is not something that I am trying to FORCE to happen...

I do not think it's MISSING from my life. More aptly, I believe it will ADD to what is already going on in my life. It is not what i NEED to make me happy, but it is expected to make me happiER.

What is this thing that I am referring to?

A relationship.

Now, I do not want a Just Add Water relationship. You know - an instant relationship - like instant mashed potatoes or instant coffee.

Packaging: Instant Relationship - here in this package you have everything that you could want in a relationship: sharing, caring, compassion, companionship, laughter, love and a lot of GREAT SEX!!!

Directions: Just Add Water

NOT!!!

I want to take my time getting to know someone. Becoming his friend. Learning his likes and dislikes. Getting to know his moods. Listening to his dreams AND his fears. Supporting his plans. Learning his personal history. Memorizing every line of his body. Internalizing the scent that belongs to him alone. Seeing how he treats not only his mother, but the other females in his life. Listening to him carry on about his hard day at work. Watching how he handles life's trials. Finding out how he thinks. Learning how to love him.

Eventually joining with him as he inspires me to climb to greater heights,

Realizing that it takes forever to build a forever kind of love,

And with whom I can come to intimately know joy unspeakable.

No comments: