1.10.2005

Praying for Rain

Indians dance for rain. Corporations hire rainmakers. And I am praying for rain.

I already know what you're thinking. Why on earth are you praying for rain?

Let me clarify. I am not praying for a storm. But for a renewing shower to wash over my spirit, to cleanse my soul and to drench my life with a new purpose.

I need the rain in the way that a dry and barren land longs for the heavens to open up and bless the parched earth with drops of life sustaining, life giving, life altering water. I thirst for the rain and its cleansing, healing properties.

I do not want to pull out an umbrella or run for shelter. Instead, I want to throw my head back, lift up my face to the sky and feel each drop upon my skin as it seeps into my pores.

And I will rejoice in the rain - with singing and praising and laughing and dancing and shouting.

I am praying for rain on my fields.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that your rain comes.

It felt good just reading that - made me want to get in a lukewarm shower with all my clothes to try and get the same effect.

ManNMotion said...

Me too