1.04.2005

The Ryan King


Photo taken from Kemi Lane's Site

I must really love me some Ryan Cameron. I woke up this morning to an unprecedented four songs in a row on Hot 107.9 - which in a way, was good. It is rather unfortunate that the remaining crew members and the weak talent that is Jerry Sma-Moking B just DON'T do it for me.

The gaping hole that has been left by the departure of the UNDISPUTED Ryan King is obvious. None of the names that I have heard bandied about as possible replacements could even come close to filling the shoes of our beloved Bankhead Ambassador.

Not to discount the contributions made by the other crew members - Rashan, the ultimate "Yes" Man, er, I mean, Woman, CJ, the token very average White Girl and Beyonce, who well, just seems continually misunderstood.

It's mucked up how a little thing such as the non-renewal of a radio personality's contract can change your morning routine. Don't they know that the Chris Tucker Rap is the time keeper for the commute of most Atlantans?

Oh...the horror...don't they know what they've done? ? ?

My life is different and it's Radio One's fault. Okay, maybe i OVER exaggerate, but y'all get my drift.

and of course you've got to check out the petition...

SUPPORT RYAN CAMERON!!!


2 comments:

Chas said...

Why we shouldn't feel sorry for R.C.
1) Ryan Cameron is a grown ass man.
2) He is a millionaire (or close to it)
3) It was a contract negotiation... meaning he's 50% responsible for not having his contract renewed.
4) If he really wanted to stay on the air, that would've made his price come down.
5) He's a radio legend, do you really think he's going to stay without a job for very long?
6) When he does find a job, I'm sure its going to be for as much or more than what he wanted from Clear Channel.
7) I'm sure he has a high powered agent and/or manager in charge of the negotiations, and if they're the ones that steered him away from the contract renewal, i'm sure its for a good reason. And if not, he would've fired them and signed the new contract.
8) There are other radio stations in the world + Satellite Radio

Just my $0.02

muffins gone WILD! said...

r.i.p. chris tucker rap! damnit my morning commute will never be the same!