1.06.2005

Small Ripple

in a Big Pond...

So, little o' me started a petition to support Ryan Cameron. Big deal. Others were thinking of it. I just happened to be the first one out of the gate.

It was quite a novelty to me to be contacted by Rodney Ho from the AJC's Radio Talk Blog.

And to learn that my name was in today's Peach Buzz was as my dear friend AggWit would say was the shitiastic.

I am kicking myself because I did not do something that I consistently coach my clients about - self promotion. In talking to Mr. Ho (which I get a real kick out of saying his name), I simply identified myself by the job that I go to on a daily basis and failed to mention my novel in progress and my poetry and my dreams of becoming a motivational speaker. Yes - I know...dumb, dumb, dumb.

Oh well, all is good just the same. My intent for starting the petition was not to call attention to myself but to offer the supporters of the Ryan King a forum in which to voice their opinions.

In looking back at the wording of the actual petition itself, I should have had another set of eyes look over it to proofread it. There are a couple of grammatical errors that have been irking the f*ck out of me since I noticed them about ten minutes after I first posted the link.

Also, my actual signature was a bit disrespectful of the remaining crew members. A show of support for them would have not been too far out of line.

Regardless of the clarity in hindsight, it will be interesting to see the how all this works out. I just want my Ryan Cameron Morning Show back.

1 comment:

ATL falcon girl said...

hey I agree with you 100 percent. I have a blog also that talks about this of course it has my own spin to it. Thanks to you I didnt even know that they had website where you could do this so I would like to thank you personally and if anybody wants to know my opion on the Ryan Situation please check out.

atlantathinking.blogspot.com