8.09.2004

the loves of my life...

i fell in love for the first time when i was 12...can u fall in love at 12?...i certainly thought i was...and i was in love w/ the same guy for 4 years....willie carl bullock....i loved me some carl....carl was 5 years older than me...i used to be so shy around him that when he talked to me...i couldn't say anything...carl bullock....my first love....my first lover...my first heartbreak....

my next love was bryant dismuke....i was 19....i moved out of my mother's house into a basement apartment for this negro...it was my money that bought us the waterbed that we slept in...he used to take me to work and be late picking me up in MY car...ain't that some shit?...that relationship ended when i found out that he was taking other chicks out in my car....i left everything i bought for that apartment there and moved in w/ my girlfriend melissa....second major heartbreak....

the year i turned 20....i fell in love w/ jarrel cunningham....a married man...disclaimer....at first...i didn't know he was married...he lied...by the time i found out...i had been in love w/ the man for three months...back then...that was a lifetime...he left his wife for me...it doesn't feel good to say that...but it's true...our relationship lasted for another year...i finally walked away from it when there were still too many unanswered questions and his by then ex-wife was still acting like a fucking idiot...that and i spent my 21st birthday w/ someone else b/c he was nowhere to be found....

i met kevin smith when i was coming out of that....we were married w/in 9 months....my ex was in the military...i'd moved to north carolina while we were dating...he was still stationed in georgia....i got married in dillon, south carolina - the wedding capital of the world....i wore pepe jeans, a white tshirt and white reebok classics....we would be married for a year and a half before we lived under the same roof....a year later he left me for a stripper....

i moved to georgia while going thru the divorce...charles...and i'm sitting here thinking about it...i dated this negro for six months...he tried to kill me...u know....police...eyewitnesses...attempted kidnapping...assault and battery...all that...and i cannot remember his last name to save my life...at any rate....charles whatever-his-last-name-is was obviously not successful in his attempt to kill me....

after that...there was gerald keith slaton...he was EVERYTHING a boyfriend should be...except one thing...he was not IN love w/ me...his father, the country holiness preacher, had a problem w/ the fact that i was divorced...keith would never marry me...i gave him two years of my life...he got really saved and turned into a religious idiot...i got really gone quickly....

deshannon martin...i will die if any of u say u know him....was the last serious long-term relationship i was in...initially that negro was so in love w/ me that my shit didn't stink....two years later...he had become a pro at pulling disappearing acts, not returning my calls and forgetting that i exist...obviously not a successful relationship....

i know that i was a bit long winded today....i do hope that i have not taken up too much of ur life w/ my ramblings...i only went thru the short list....the unabridged version...would be a book....

i'll let u know when it comes out....

No comments: