8.12.2004

my mind is blank...really...i'm hoping that if i just keep typing something will come to mind...so basically...what i'm doing is writing about nothing...

i used to do that with letters and emails to my friends...

hey, what's up?...nothing much this way...just dropping a line to reach out to you...please forgive me for this note being so short...

until one day...one of my friends called me on it and was like...how are you going to write me a bullshit letter about writing me a letter?...

my response?...i'm just doing what i can to keep in touch with you...let you know that i still count you among my circle of friends...it's just my way of maintaining friendships...

and sometimes...i will put together a fairly bland email...title it greetings and send it to half my hotmail address book with the address in the blind copy section...

hey...haven't spoken to you in a while...i do hope all is well with you...you know it's important to keep in touch...i would like to hear back from you...but in the interim...this is my prayer for you...that everything in your life is just like you want it to be and that you know joy unspeakable...or something similar...

i call it my public relations...my version of maintaining my network...it's not the most personal way of reaching out to my friends and the business contacts that i want to maintain a relationship with...but it is a way that works for me...i would go crazy trying to make time to call ALL the people that i care to keep in contact with...i could literally call one person a day for a year and not talk to the same person twice...

who has time for that shit?how often do you keep in touch with your friends and business contacts? what method do you use?

No comments: