8.11.2004

my heart's still beating....halleluh!!!!!

sometimes....even in a crowded room...i am alone...sometimes...when i am with my favorite people in the world...the ones that bring me joy and laughter...i am lonely...and i am sad....

sometimes...the pressures of life seem too much to bear....the burdens seem too heavy...i cannot see the light...i do not know the way...i feel lost and without direction...at times like this...i know no peace....

i am comforted then...only by the fact...that i am SUPPOSED to be here...if i weren't...i would have been dead a long time ago...dead from an attempt on my life...dead from a horrible car accident...dead from a broken heart....

i am comforted by knowing that the hand of the Creator is upon me...by knowing that i walk in favor...by knowing that He has created me for a purpose...it's my duty to know what that purpose is...

i am comforted by hope....soothed by the belief that my troubles won't last always...that this too shall pass and that the darkest hours are just before the dawn....

i am made brave by the realization that the many times that i could have just stopped...just given up...just given in...just folded...just laid down...just quit...i knew that it was time to stand still and just rejoice in being....

so sometimes...i shut down my phone...cut off the world...and i am still...and i hear Him...no...i do not hear His voice....He does not speak to me through a song or a sermon...He does not send word through my close friends and family....but still....He touches my soul...

how do i know it is Him?...how do i hear His message loud and clear?...how do i know He is present?...how do i know that He is telling me that all will be well?...why do i rejoice?...

it is all quite simple really...my heart's still beating...halleluh!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: