8.17.2004

running....

my mother and i had a conversation recently and she told me that i am so determined not to take any bullshit off any n**ga that i have a tendency to run at the first sign of trouble...she told me that if i continued to do that i would always be running from man to man to man....

she says that i need to learn that men are human and are imperfect just as i am...that i need to allow a man the room to not get it right sometimes...and when he makes an error....allow him the oppty to show me that a relationship is something that he really wants....and then IF...he fails in that...that's when i make a move...

i like my mother's advice...maybe b/c i'm tired of running away from relationships....maybe b/c i am a glutton for punishment...who knows?...but i do like my mother's advice...but then too...i do have to keep in mind that this is advice coming from one who is married to a drug addict....an educated, intelligent, well-spoken, sometimes extremely caring individual who i even get along w/ sometimes...but a drug addict nonetheless....

is nothing in life simple?

No comments: